CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Don't forget the schlueter and the nipples....

With these reno's we have experienced a HUGE learning curve. Well maybe a little bigger for me. Its not simply ripping some walls down, slapping on a coat of paint and calling 'er good. For instance, something I did not know prior to renovations is that you need something called "schlueter trim" to finish and protect corners of installed tile... who knew?!? At the same time, me even knowing that something called schlueter exists means that our tile is almost complete:) Nipples are also necessary in renovations which I was also not aware of. In order to attach the gas line to the actual gas range there is a rubber piece referred to as a "nipple." These are now purchased, which means I will soon after one month and ten days of no stove or oven, be able to boil water again. I love progress.

Steve has been working exceptionally hard here, while I keep plugging away at the hospital. I come home from work and feel exhausted after my twelve hour shifts, but atleast when I come home I can relax(kinda with the soothing hum of an air compressor in the background). Unfortunately, Steve is always "at work" here, which I can't imagine how tiring that would be. He installed our kitchen backsplash, which I LOVE! It should be getting grouted today:)



Steve continued his handy work with something he knows well, our sound system. He almost has all of our speakers and wiring installed throughout the house. They look great and will be awesome to have!


Our hardwood is also coming along, and looks incredible! I may be slightly biased because I picked it out, but judge for youself... Its solid Acacia and "hand scraped" so pre-distressed.



1 comments:

Ashley

Hey Abby! I didn't know you had a blog either!! The reno's look like they are coming along! Maybe when your done there you can come do my house!!

Post a Comment