CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Two weeks...and counting....

So it is crazy to me that we have only been at this renovation for a month a twenty four days...not that I am counting. At the same time I have never had a month and twenty four days be packed with so much change. The house as we knew it has been completely transformed, and everything has gone smoothly...until
now.
It first started with us connecting our new bathroom fixtures upstairs, which happened to leak, luckily not for too long before Steve caught it. But it still managed to leak onto our newly textured ceilings below, staining large patches a very lovely yellow color. Fortunately, we were able to repair the damage, and we didn't have to rip all the drywall down and start over. That was what I thought we would have to do, but at the same time I have been know to catastrophize from time to time.
Next was our beautiful travertine floor, some of the grount lines began to crack. That really wasn't the look we were going for, so now we have to have our tile guy back to try and brainstorm how to fix it. My guess is a lot of dirty work involving scraping, scraping and more scraping and re-grouting
EVERYTHING.
I then found some gorgeous pendant lights for above our island, they looked perfect online. It was even more perfect when my parents were already headed to the states and could pick them up. So when we did get them, I had told my mom only two rather than three, opps. Upon opening the box the picture and the actual size also varried a bit. Each pendant was about 6 inches too big...one more set back....
When we first started the reno I definately knew there would be some set backs; I was just hoping that I could of anticipated those set backs and avioded all of them:) Didn't exactly work, but we are still going at
 it.
When I asked Steve when he was hoping to have everything wrapped up he said "two weeks" which sounds great but then I realized everytime I ask him how long until we have things done he says "two weeks." So I really have no idea.... I actually feel like two weeks ago we were further ahead then now, but I think that is because we are knee deep in demolition up stairs....

So if you see me out and about and I am covered in drywall dust, don't judge me...

You have no idea how excited I am to paint over this blue!!!! The granite ( which Steve REALLY pushed for) looks great, we are still planning on painting out the bases and putting on new hardware...



Our new carpet goes in a week from today!! I think its going to look awesome. I had no idea how expensive carpet is, but after shopping around I think we ended up with a pretty good deal. Thanks to my Grandma blazing a trail there is now something known as the "Ady discount."

This is the main floor bathroom. Steve has started installing the wainscoting which is looking great.
After much debate, we decided to pain the banister out white, I am really happy with the results, and with the new carpet it should really look good...or so we hope:)
So I think these past couple weeks I have realized I can't control everything that happens, there are going to be bumps, and probably more to come (unless I can figure out a way to avoid them) but there is nothing you can do, just ride it out. So I guess I will ride it out for another "two weeks" and see how it goes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment