CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Find Joy in the Journey

            So I am truly fortunate for a few things in my life... a great PATIENT husband, family, friends, employment, Church, my list could go on and on. Within all these sectors of people I have the great opportunity of drawing on all of their experience and knowledge. All of these same people have contributed to our renovations thus far either from helping with packing, moving, encouragement, a place to escape the madness:) I read a talk the other day that made me stop for a second and really reflect; it focused on finding joy in the journey.
          I can say with certainty that I am a "Type A personality". Wikipedia states... "Type A individuals can be described as impatient, time-conscious, controlling..., highly competitive, ambitious, business-like, aggressive, having difficulty relaxing; and are sometimes disliked by individuals with Type B personalities for the way that they're always rushing. They are often high-achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about delays."  In contrast Steve is definately a "Type B personality" Wikipedia goes on to describe them... "Type B individuals, are described as patient, relaxed, and easy-going, generally lacking an overriding sense of urgency" When I read these definitions it was pretty much like Wikipedia came to our home and interviewed Steve and I and asked how we would describe ourselves. This kinda sums up our renovation thus far, which, if I really think about it is too bad. Steve and I have taken on a HUGE project, a project that to this point I have been wishing would hurry up and end, so we could move on to the next. We have both already had the opportunity of learning so much about not only renovations, but also about each other. Instead of me taking this opportunity to do so, I have been looking forward to the tomorrows instead of enjoying today.
                        I am still human and still a type A personality so I am not going to sit here and say that I am not going to still count on deadlines, and at times possibly nag for things to continue to get done.....(sorry hunny) and I am still SOOO excited for the day when we are done the renovations and can put the house on the market. I will say though that I am going to try and stop and enjoy what we are experiencing and creating today, and enjoy tomorrow when we get there.....



                                                                  The granite getting installed!!!

We started painting this week, as well as installing granite, travertine floors and our new kitchen cupboards!
We hope tomorrow to finish up with paint on the main floor and start on the hardwood:)





          

2 comments:

Kristy Kay

Good Job you guys!!! Its looking awesome!!!

J Fox

I Love it, looks amazing! Keep truckin' along!!

Post a Comment