CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Men are from Home Depot, Women are from Pottery Barn....

So we are about a week and a bit into our renos and things seems to be progressing well. Steve has been doing an incredible job facilitating everything at the house. This week has been what I deem "boy week." Ill explain what I mean. I like seeing big change i.e walls coming down, cupboards coming out, flooring ripped up. I hope in the next coming weeks that drywall will be going up, cupboards will be going in and new amazing flooring will be getting installed...but regardless I really don't give enough credit to the behind the scenes things like plumbing and electrical.

I like picking out nice light fixtures, choosing where pot lights will go, selecting the finishes and shapes of bathroom and kitchen fixtures but I have absolutely no interest in wires and tubes. I really have given it a shot but its not nearly as fun as the design side of things. I think I am officially 100% girl. Steve's number one concerns center around prepping sub floors, and the intricate involvement of the plumbing and electrical behind the walls. All I can do is envision where I will place the furniture, what accent colors I will be using and deciding which baseboard profile to go with... haha my poor husband!! I guess you need both sides of things to totally finish a house.

The stone continues to go up on the exterior, slowly yet surely it is coming together. I really did not want to put money into the exterior because, well, I'm like a budget Nazi, but Steve was right, it definitely is making a drastic improvement for the curb appeal. This past week again has been full of lots of challenges and changes, this next week the kitchen cupboards go in!!!!





The before pictures of the rock installation.....














This is the beginning of the rock being installed, we hope to have it all completed this weekend!











The kitchen continues to get demolished, every day there is less....



They have been prepping the sub floor for the travertine and cupboard installation. Lots and lots and lots of sawing, nailing and noise! The combo with my night shift schedule is definately making for interesting sleep patterns....







We cant get over well, how dirty everything ALWAYS is, and how much the house has been transforming!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth

WOw!! That is a lot of work. Seems like you guys are perfect for each other. You take care of the design stuff and he takes care of the other manly things. I must say....the rock work on the exterior of the house makes HUGE difference!! Looks AWESOME! Where is this house in Calgary?? Can't wait to see pictures when it's done! Good luck with everything.

Kristy Kay

Hey! I love the title of this post! SO cute! I like the rock on the outside! Keep up the good work!

Mstronach

Wow does it every look differant on the inside!!! and the stone looks amazing!!!
Wanna come do out exterior once your done? lol jk
looks great Abby!!!
we need to get together soon. lol

Post a Comment